Thursday, December 5, 2013

Terri Thomas (Costume Designer/Ensemble)

What is your role in Les Mis?
I have had the pleasure and monumental task of being the Costume Designer for this amazing show as well as a member of the Ensemble. You will see me with the ladies of the Factory and the men in Master of the House among other scenes and running around straightening cravats and sewing miscellaneous items.

What have you enjoyed the most?
I really enjoyed learning all of the music for the show with my family (My husband and daughter are in the show as well!) I also have enjoyed researching clothing of the time period, making new friendships and renewing older ones.

What has been your greatest challenge? 
My greatest challenge has been finding period pieces for the show, especially for the men. Thank goodness I have had some very talented seamstresses sewing for me for the women!!!

What other shows have you been in?  
I have previously performed in Lil' Abner, Wizard of Oz and Beauty and the Beast here at Imagination Theater.
Previous Costuming Experience?
I have been making costumes for my family since the kids were little.  I officially began working on costumes during El Dorado High School's production of Les Miserables six years ago while my 6th grade daughter was in their ensemble. (I was their with her all the time, so I figured I might as well make myself useful). My first official job as Costume Designer was in Imagination Theater's production of Wizard of Oz--a job I fell into.  Since then I have worked on ten other productions including Beauty & the Beast, Dracula, and Run for your Wife at Imagination Theater and 42nd Street (307 COSTUMES!), Midsummer's Nights Dream, and Cats at El Dorado High School.  I have been nominated for seven Elly Awards and have had the honor of winning three.  I am looking forward to delighting the audience with the many costumes in Les Miserables!