- Arrive on time
- Be ready
- Be prepared to stay as long as necessary
- Think through your commitment before you make it
- Get plenty of sleep the night before
- Bring your appointment/date book
- Be positive. Be prepared. Be professional
Preparing your material:
- Know the type of audition (general, specific, cold)
- Know the length of the selection desired. Stick to it!
- Select something that shows your best
- Avoid well-known, overdone pieces.
- Bring music
- Prepare an up-to-date resume and locate your latest head shot
- Get plenty of rest
- Rehearse well before you go on your pieces, songs etc.
- Present a neat and neutral appearance
- Arrange for transportation and your work schedule for day off
- Don't bring family and friends
- Don't second guess or distract panel by leaving and reentering room unneccesarily
- Don't wait to be coaxed up on to stage
- Make no disclaimers before or during auditions
- Keep going no matter what
- Know about the play, the playwright, the director, the company
- Ask the see the rehearsal schedule
- Be friendly, ready to do whatever is asked of you
- Read whatever is asked of you. Any part
Have fun! Stay healthy. Continually study acting, dancing, singing etc. Become a student of theater!