Friday, November 15, 2013

Cindy Nelson (Ensemble/Chorus)

Cindy says "It’s been roughly 20 years since I’ve had the opportunity to be in a musical or opera. So when one of vocal students told me about the auditions for this show, I thought why not…I’ve missed it!   I love to challenge myself  and to continually grow as a musician. In the  last 25 years I have been able to teach in my own studio voice and piano, record a CD in Nashville TN, perform in various bands, as well as acquire  a music publishing deal.  Although I have found working on this show to be daunting at times, it has been well worth it. The cast and crew have been fantastic, kind, and extremely helpful. I’ve meant so many new people, and have learned more about myself. I am so very thankful the opportunity to be apart of this creative process!"  Cindy's many roles in Les Mis include a Factory Worker, Drinker, Chorus, and Ensemble.