Friday, November 29, 2013

Ali LaVanway (Ensemble)

What is your role in Les Mis?  
I am in the ensemble. I pick on Fantine in the factory, I imbibe wine at the inn, and I support the students' cause at the barricade.  

What have you enjoyed the most?
This is my first foray into theater since high school, and my first real hobby since I became a stay at home parent 8 years ago. I'm relatively new to Placerville and, after moving around the country for the last 10 years, it has been so rewarding to finally feel at home in my community. 

What has been your greatest challenge?
My greatest struggle has been finding babysitters for the nights my husband isn't available to care for our three children. I've been away from home more in the last 4 months than I have in the whole of the past 8 years! 
What other shows have you been in?  
This is my first show at IT! but definitely not my last. I'll be playing the role of Essie Carmichael in IT!'s spring production, You Can't Take it With You
What is your motto or final thought to say?
One thing I love about theater is the reminder to play, not just on stage, but also in every day life.