Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scratching the Surface - Arts in El Dorado County

Yesterday, I read an article in the New York Times about Google adding its one trillionth web address last summer. Despite this vast amount of information, it is apparently only a fraction of the information out there. Google, as well as other search engine companies, are exploring the Deep Web and experimenting with how to access material stored within databases. Pretty fascinating though I'm busy enough trolling on top of the surface!

Some of my surface discoveries include sites like zvents.com which has a wide range of event listings and tailors them to your local area. It is very cool. From big gigs to Imagination Theater shows, you're bound to find them listed here.

Today while surfing this vast web ocean, I discovered the El Dorado Arts Council website. I am impressed with their wealth of information about the arts in El Dorado County. I feel like I've discovered a not-so-hidden treasure of arts in my own backyard! Check out their monthly newsletter containing items about classes, events, artist profiles and much, much more.


No comments: