Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Meet Brenda Lindley - Graphic Designer for Southfork



     How did you get involved in graphic design, and how do you find the time for it among all the other things you do?
I enjoy being creative and am fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with graphic art designs in my day job for many years. I’ve done creative writing, website design, creating and producing videos, graphics, and much more as well.

      Why do you include community theater in your life?
I’ve been involved in community theater since high school and was a drama major in college. As our kids got older, my husband Erick and I went looking for a hobby to do together, so we joined a local theater group. As a director, I love imagining and bringing a script to life on stage.Unlike my everyday life, I love being in the spotlight on center stage of the theater on. I call myself an anti-social extrovert.

      How did you get involved in working on this project?
I am involved with this project because of Chrissie. She’s also the reason I became involved with Imagination Theater in the first place. She directed Quilters, the first show I did at IT! It was a fabulous experience, and I enjoyed it so much that Erick joined me for White Christmas and we’ve never left.

      What are some of your favorite projects/shows you've worked on in the area?
I’ve had great experiences at many theaters in the Sacramento area. I directed She Loves Me at Placer Community Theater in my hometown of Auburn, Our Town at Sutter Street Theater, and Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, at Runaway Stage Productions. We are very fortunate to have a wealth of outstanding community theater options. Of course, my favorite family is IT!

      What shows are on your bucket list to direct or perform in?
On my list to direct are Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Sound of Music, and The Dining Room, to name a few. I would love to act in The Drowsy Chaperone as “the chaperone” and portray Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard. I very much enjoy dramatic acting; one of my favorite roles was Anne Sullivan in The Miracle Worker. I would do another drama in a heartbeat.

      What unique quality or experience do you bring to this task?
I bring years of experience to this project that includes graphic arts, multimedia, communications, marketing, director, actor, and community theater President/Board Member. I share a great mutual respect for Chrissie and the crew she is fortunate to have working with her. I look forward to being a part of the production and helping her achieve her vision for the show.