Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Meet Betsy Moore - Composer/Vocal Director for SouthFork Confessions



Q:  How did you come to be the composer for this original musical at Imagination Theater?

A:  A mutual friend of Chrissie Addison's and mine, mentioned me to Chrissie as someone who might be interested in helping with the music. After meeting with Chrissie and theQ &  band director we discussed the possibility of writing original music. 

Q:   What kind of music have you written for the musicians and vocalists in SouthFork?

A:  So far, I have written two ballads for the play, an A capella trio and another piece that is very energetic and a little bit sassy!   I would describe the overall style of the songs in the show as eclectic.

Q:   The band will be singing and acting with the cast.  Are you ready for this?

A:  I'm ready and eager to work with the cast.  It will be fun stepping away from the keyboard to join the fun on stage!  I'm also very excited to work with Jeffrey Nelson, the Music Director.  The musicians in the band have extensive professional performing backgrounds and stage experience. 

Q:   Do you perform locally anywhere?

A:  Yes. I sing and play keyboards with a jazz/latin combo called “The BlueTones.” I direct the contemporary music band at Federated Church in Placerville and am also the composer in residence at that church.  I have recorded a CD of original music, called The Fullness of Time. 

Q:   What is your “day job”?

A:  I am a social worker for Alta California Regional Center in Placerville. I work with developmentally disabled children and their families coordinating services and supports to help them reach their greatest potential at home and in the community. 

Q:  You’ve been part of the script development by a creative team. What was the most fun aspect of seeing SouthFork evolve into a stage-worthy musical?

A:  I have really enjoyed the readings of the play as the script developed.  I'm amazed at the depth of talent in this small community and I'm looking forward to working with, what will be, a wonderful ensemble.

Q:   What else do you do for community involvement and fun? 

A:  I am a Certified Music Practitioner and work part time for Snowline Hospice.   I also enjoy being with friends, hiking in our beautiful Foothills and playing music with local musicians.