Theatre intern needed at Fairytale Town
Fairytale Town Volunteer Program
Children's Theater Intern
The Children's Theater Intern works with Fairytale Town's Program Department and reports to the Education & Program Manager. The Intern will support and assist with the planning, production and implementation of Fairytale Town's Sacramento Children's Theater. Sacramento Children's Theater is the longest running community theater program in the region and celebrates its 76th year in 2015. The
program is primarily operated by a group of community volunteers and has been under the direction of professional actor Tina Cole for several years. Sacramento Children's Theater offers a completely free theater experience for over 11,400 elementary school children in the Sacramento area annually. The intern
will be expected to attend rehearsals and performances, assist with set design, prop construction, ushering, tech, and related, approved activities. Please note: This is an unpaid internship.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Open and close the facility venue for the day's rehearsals & performances and monitor use of the
venue, its tools and space.
· Help build props and assist with and help construct sets, as needed.
· Serve as understudy and/or possible casting in the production.
· Follow direct orders in regards to safety and health requirements.
· Serve as liaison between Fairytale Town, the venue administrators and volunteers.
· Serve as theater usher during performances including communicating with teachers.
· Check in school groups and make sure classes get seated appropriately.
· Demonstrate a positive, courteous and enthusiastic attitude at all times.
· Minimum age - 18 years old.
· Submit a complete resume and cover letter.
· Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
· Willingness to follow direct orders at all times.
· Interest in theater, acting, set design and/or theatre arts in general.
· Ability to work with others in a team environment.
· Must be able to work the entire 2015 season of Sacramento Children's Theater, January - March.
· Possess sound judgment and be able to work in a safe manner preventing accidents.
· Work collaboratively, as a team member.
· Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
· Strong communication skills.
The internship will last for three months, , with a total of approximately 100 hours.
The intern must be available to work either a / or Wednesday/ schedule, with
shifts scheduled from .
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 17, 2014.