Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Favorite Things

I've been listening to the cd's of some musicals these past few weeks. Day in and day out, I select one and see which songs captures my fancy. Surprisingly, I have yet to tire of them. I've discovered the rich and clever words of the songwriter. Words that express the feelings of "yesterday" are just as relevant for today. For example,"When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad." Does this help you? What are some of your favorite things? Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens? In these uncertain times, when so much is out of our control, take time to reflect on a few of your favorite things. I'm confident that you won't feel so bad.

No comments: