Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Dracula Project



It's getting to be scary out there--and I'm not talking about what's on the news! I'm starting to see yards being decorated for Halloween. Fake cobwebs (we have the real ones at home), pumpkins, and scarecrows are just a few things I've seen. Yesterday while out on a walk, I saw that someone had used a lifelike wig to make it appear as if someone was crouched behind the bushes. I'm glad that the sun had not set yet!

This reminds me of something new that IT! is doing with a new film company, Porter Media Group. They are planning to produce a multi-media presentation of Bram Stoker's “Dracula” in October 2009. This presentation will be a combination of film and live theater. It should be very interesting. They are planning to film some scenes in Camino and also the Preston Castle in Ione. Maybe in a future blog, I'll post some interesting details about the castle. Here's a link if you want to check it out for yourself: www.prestoncastle.com

An event to raise funds for the project is coming up on Thursday, October 30th at the theater from 6-9 p.m. People will be able to view costume drawings and storyboards from the film and theatrical presentation. There will also be a short live auction for a small, but vital role in the movie.

No comments: