Kiwanis Club of Placerville and Imagination Theater are doing their part to help eliminate this deadly but highly preventable disease that kills mothers and newborns in the world's poorest regions. To this end Imagination Theater will be donating all proceeds from tickets sales of the April 18th performance of "You Can't Take It With You" to Kiwanis Club of Placerville. Kiwanis Club and Imagination Theater are partnering to raise $10,000 over the next 15 months. Imagination Theater will dedicate one performance proceeds from their next five shows. We need the community to help us sell the house out for the April 18th show. All you have to do is go to our website; imaginationtheater.net and purchase tickets to see "You Can't Take It With You" on Friday evening April 18th or you can call our Box Office at 530 642-0404 to reserve your seats. By raising $10,000, we will be able to save 5,000 babies from dying of this very painful disease and do our part to eliminate maternal/neonatal tetanus in the world. So come see "You Can't Take It With You" and know that your dollars are going to help eliminate this deadly disease.
The Eliminate Project is Kiwanis International's global campaign to help eliminate maternal/neonatal tetanus from the face of the earth. The campaign will raise US $110 million for the project.
Here are some quick facts about this horrible disease:
* 1 baby dies every 9 minutes from tetanus
* 160 babies die each day from tetanus
* MNT has been eliminated form more than 20 countries since 2000
* A series of 3 doses of tetanus vaccine = immunity from tetanus
* Woman + vaccine = protected baby
* US$1.80 protects 1 woman her future babies
* The Eliminate Project saves or protects 61 million women and babies
* Elimination = < case of MNT per 1,000 live births
To purchase tickets for the show on Friday, April 18, go to www.imaginationtheater.net
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO ELIMINATE THIS DEADLY, BUT PREVENTABLE DISEASE.