Saturday, May 23, 2009

Everyone Loves a Good Story



Little House on the Prairie was one of my favorite television programs as a child. During the IT! Insider's Box Office hiatus, I am enjoying a DVD collection of episodes with my kids. Reflecting on some of the stories we have watched, I've been thinking a lot about what makes this show so. . .well. . .comforting.

I think one of the reasons has to do with our mission that says:

"The mission of Imagination Theater is to tell good stories well in an atmosphere of Trust, Respect, Personal Growth, and Challenge."

Everyone loves a good story and Little House on the Prairie delivers! This link below takes you through the episodes we are currently watching. I have especially enjoyed "The Richest Man in Walnut Grove" and "Haunted House" so far. Despite its' predictable storyline, my daughter cried watching the latter as it touched her heart. Afterward, she shared an interesting perspective about the story that would not have crossed my mind. Deep thinker, that girl!

Take a some time to watch one of the stories (hey! no commercials!) and find your favorite episode. You can scroll through the Season 2 Playlist here, or make a more general search on You Tube--or find it on cable television.

Disclaimer: Some of the actors are very believable in their roles and some of them are just so 70's like the music!


No comments: