Sunday, December 7, 2008

Local Arts Look for Ticket to Survival

This weekend, the IT! Insider stepped away from the theater and froze in the fog in Woodland at a swim meet. As I waited between races, I read this article in the Sacramento Bee and reflected on what the sources had to say about how the economy is affecting the arts in the Sacramento area. One of the comments I could have said myself:

"In a crisis, people regroup and think about family," said Kathy Daigle, associate director of the railroad museum's foundation. "Instead of buying another game for the PlayStation, they're looking for things to do together with their children that they can all value."

As the IT! Insider, I talk to many, many people each day. I'm happy because people want to talk to me (compared to their health insurance company, call center person in another country, or tax accountant). People are excited about bringing their children or grandchildren to see The Wizard of Oz. We are local, affordably priced, quality entertainment. Don't miss out on what is in your own backyard--and above the fog!

No comments: